The explanation of how to check your Jeep Grand Cherokee car using a computer or a mobile phone at home in detail
Anyone with the right device can read and analyze Jeep Grand Cherokee, with a little bit of training, knowledge and practice you can easily detect most of the problems in your Jeep Grand Cherokee. In this article today, we will learn how to check out the faults on the Jeep Grand Cherokee by knowing what tools you need to check, where to find them, how to check the Jeep Grand Cherokee by a computer or even by the Jeep Grand Cherokee mobile and to connect To the vehicle computer
The car’s computer
There is something that most people do not know which is that cars from 1996, and the newer generations contain mini computers, and these mini computers represent the driving mind in the car, where this computer can analyze and know all problems and failures in the car engine and most other parts. Even more, it’s easy to check your car with your computer or with mobile devices if they are available. So, it’s easier and more accurate to count on the device that can make you find the problems in your Jeep Grand Cherokee car in just a few seconds, making it easy to keep your routine maintenance.
When does is appear that your Jeep Grand Cherokee needs to be checked with the computer?
The need to check the vehicle with the computer appears in several cases, the most important of which are:
- Before you buy a used vehicle, you must certainly check it by computer, and have it checked by a professional.
- When the Check Engine warning symbol is displayed, which usually has a yellow or orange color with the engine symbol.
- If you suspect a problem due to erratic or sensing a problem in Jeep Grand Cherokee car.
- If a computer memory reset is required, which happens after repairing a specific part connected to the vehicle computer.
How the Jeep Grand Cherokee scanning device work
The vehicle scanning device is based on reading the problems that has been recorded by the vehicle computer, and those problems are resulting from a failure of a vehicle engine component such as sensors. As these sensors were previously recorded inside the vehicle’s computer as a software if one of the values sent by the sensor differs from the values previously stored in the vehicle’s computer memory, an error is recorded in this sensor without showing the cause of the failure. That is, it only tells you that there is a particular fault. When you install the scanning device and connects it to the vehicle computer, it reads what the vehicle computer has recorded, and a check program performs the task of translating the registered fault into a code into a language that you can understand.
The required tools to scan Jeep Grand Cherokee
- the scan Device, or OBD II Reader, called the – (ELM327). This device used to connect to the car computer and there are three versions of this device as needed, which are a USB connection for direct connection to the Bluetooth or WIFI connection and can connect the Jeep Grand Cherokee with the mobile phone for real-time engine updates on your mobile screen. The original part of this device can be purchased from this “note this connection you can use with most car types” 2-Software for viewing and analyzing these issues and codes and there are many software available on your mobile devices and computer but we recommend the TOAD-Pro Windows OBD Software. The best program in this field is to know and analyze all fault codes, which is not available in the latest programs or on mobile devices and can be obtained.
- The software for viewing and analyzing these problems and codes and there are many programs available on mobile devices and computers, but we recommend the TOAD-Pro Windows OBD Software, the best software in the industry, where it can identify and analyze all the fault codes, which is not available in the latest software or on mobile devices and can be obtained With gifts 17 professional fault analysis and code programs here.
- Can read and clear engine as well as transmission codes
- Compatible with all OBD2-compliant vehicles
- Tests vehicle for emission readiness
- Can display live data and monitor fuel economy
- Supports nine modes of data, including Mode 1 (Analog Digital Gauges), Mode 1 (List View), Mode 2 (Freeze Frame Data), Mode 3 (Current Faults), Mode A (stored DTCs) and Mode 4 all through Mode 9.
- Supports several OBD2 protocols, including CAN (Bus), CAN (11-bit and 94-bit), ISO-9141, ISO-14230, ISO-15765 and ELM327
- Can be optimized for touchscreens
- Customizable dashboard
- Costlier than most other OBD2 software for PC
- Not compatible with Mac and Linux
The steps to scan Jeep Grand Cherokee by computer
Before carrying out the vehicle inspection, the vehicle’s use manual should be consulted for ease of scanning and to ensure that it is properly completed, and after that you should do:
- Search for computer exits inside the vehicle that are often under the vehicle’s steering wheel in the footwell, but can vary in location from a second vehicle; therefore, the vehicle’s usage guide is important.
- The vehicle’s computer exits are a rectangular cable and has a multi-slot cable, with up to 16 slots. 3. Connect the scanning device link.
- Switch on the car switches, so that they are in standby mode, which make the electrical systems inside the car enabled.
- power on the Engine, if required, depending on vehicle quality.
- The connection to Jeep Grand Cherokee computer
before performing the inspection, it is recommended that you read the inspection device user manual, then:
- Find the exit for the vehicle computer, usually located under the vehicle’s steering wheel at the driver’s feet, and its exact location varies from vehicle to vehicle, so read the vehicle’s manual for further information.
- You will find the exit as a rectangular plug-in; it has a 16-hole outlet.
- Connect the ELM327.
- Change the vehicle switch to the ready position, which is the stage that will make the vehicle’s electrical systems on.
- On some vehicles you need to start the engine.
- Connect the link to your laptop, some devices do not require a computer, but are connected to the mobile depending on the model you chose for the ELM327 link.
- Reading data
The TOAD-Pro program will display the error code with the explanation of the code and error caused. If you don’t find the code explanation, you can search for it online to find it easily, for example this link contains an explanation of more than 5,000 code.
- Fixing the errors
Fixing the problem, if the problem is simple in the Jeep Grand Cherokee car and you can resolve it by yourself do it without hesitation, but if you find it difficult and complex and can’t do it, consult a repair professional. Or go to a designated maintenance center with Jeep Grand Cherokee. Automatically after you have fixed the problem, the “Check Engine” alarm will disappear and the alert readings on your vehicle will disappear.
The errors that can be found using the computer
The Faults that the scanning device can detect are electrical faults, such as: Vehicle lights- or contact in the cable harness- or transmission sensors- or treadplates- Fuel control monitoring-and the efficiency of the clerical catalyst- and the recycling of exhaust gases- Heating circuits that warm the instruments (heaters) and O2 sensors- as well as the oxygen sensor data.
people who search for How to Check Your Jeep Grand Cherokee at Home also searches for:
What is the best OBD scanner for Jeep Grand Cherokee?
What is the best scan tool for Jeep Grand Cherokee ?
What obd2 protocol does Jeep Grand Cherokee use?
How do I scan a Jeep Grand Cherokee code?
What is the best code reader for Jeep Grand Cherokee ?
Does Jeep Grand Cherokee use obd2?
What is Jeep Grand Cherokee coding tool?
How do I use Jeep Grand Cherokee diagnostic software?
How do I reset my Jeep Grand Cherokee computer?
What is the best cheap obd2 Scanner?
How do I install Jeep Grand Cherokee standard tools?
Is Jeep Grand Cherokee obd2 compliant?
How do I use Jeep Grand Cherokee diagnostic software?
popular Jeep Grand Cherokee Obd Bluetooth
What obd2 protocol does Jeep Grand Cherokee use?
What is INPA Jeep Grand Cherokee software?
What is the best Jeep Grand Cherokee diagnostic software?
What is the best vehicle diagnostic software?
How do I run a car diagnostic on my laptop?
How do I check my car for problems with my computer?
What software mechanics use?
What is Jeep Grand Cherokee ISTA software?
What is the best obd2 software for laptop?
Best OBD2 Software for Jeep Grand Cherokee
How do I code my Jeep Grand Cherokee at home?
scan tool to register Jeep Grand Cherokee battery
best obd ii scan tool for Jeep Grand Cherokee
what is the best scan tool for Jeep Grand Cherokee
best diagnostic scan tool for Jeep Grand Cherokee
original carly wifi scan tool for Jeep Grand Cherokee
b800 srs airbag scan/reset tool for Jeep Grand Cherokee
foxwell scan tool for Jeep Grand Cherokee
how do you reset the computer on a Jeep Grand Cherokee
upgrade Jeep Grand Cherokee computer
how to use on board computer Jeep Grand Cherokee
reprogram Jeep Grand Cherokee computer
reflash Jeep Grand Cherokee computer
computer driver information system Jeep Grand Cherokee
cost to reset Jeep Grand Cherokee computer
Jeep Grand Cherokee digital speed in board computer
Jeep Grand Cherokee computer tool
Jeep Grand Cherokee 1 series computer update
Jeep Grand Cherokee computer software
Jeep Grand Cherokee computer service
Jeep Grand Cherokee computer reader
Jeep Grand Cherokee computer repair
Jeep Grand Cherokee computer code reader
Jeep Grand Cherokee computer cable
Jeep Grand Cherokee computer codes
Jeep Grand Cherokee computer check
Keyword Average MonthlySearches Article Keyword Tags
yellow check engine light Jeep Grand Cherokee
how do you check the oil on a Jeep Grand Cherokee
how to check what service your Jeep Grand Cherokee needs
how to check if your Jeep Grand Cherokee has a recall
Jeep Grand Cherokee manufacture year check
what causes Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine light
what does Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine light mean
why is my Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine light on
Jeep Grand Cherokee warranty check
check Jeep Grand Cherokee warranty expiration
check Jeep Grand Cherokee warranty status
Jeep Grand Cherokee software update check
turn off Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine light
how to check Jeep Grand Cherokee service history
how to check Jeep Grand Cherokee warranty
service history Jeep Grand Cherokee check
service pack Jeep Grand Cherokee check
Jeep Grand Cherokee spec check
Jeep Grand Cherokee specification check
recall Jeep Grand Cherokee check
service Jeep Grand Cherokee check
reset Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine light
reset Jeep Grand Cherokee check control messages
reasons for Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine light
Jeep Grand Cherokee service plan check
Jeep Grand Cherokee service pack check uk
Jeep Grand Cherokee phone compatibility check
check my Jeep Grand Cherokee service pack
Jeep Grand Cherokee service package check
quanto custa check up Jeep Grand Cherokee
how to check oil quality in Jeep Grand Cherokee
check engine light on Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep Grand Cherokee end of warranty check
Jeep Grand Cherokee engine number check
Jeep Grand Cherokee spec check number
Jeep Grand Cherokee serial number check
Jeep Grand Cherokee check control messages
Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine light after oil change
Jeep Grand Cherokee takata airbag check
Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine light all systems ok
Jeep Grand Cherokee amber check engine light
Jeep Grand Cherokee check brake lights warning
Jeep Grand Cherokee check battery terminals
Jeep Grand Cherokee check button
Jeep Grand Cherokee check battery level
Jeep Grand Cherokee check control module
Jeep Grand Cherokee check coolant level
Jeep Grand Cherokee check codes
Jeep Grand Cherokee check control message list
Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine symbols
Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine light gas cap
Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine soon
Jeep Grand Cherokee check for recall
check Jeep Grand Cherokee history online